Our next Council meeting is Monday, November 10th at 7:00pm.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Lorraine's office has prepared the minutes from the October 27th Special Executive, Regular and Executive meetings for consideration and approval.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
This is for those that wish to address the Town Council but do not plan on staying for the whole meeting. There is a note to the public on the agenda to please keep their comments to a maximum of 5 minutes. This allows ample time for all whom wish to speak and keeps the meeting moving forward. The public can speak on any matter.
The promotional swearing-in of Scott King to the position of sergeant. Lorraine and the deputy mayor will perform same.
COUNCIL & MANAGER REPORTS
1. The Newton First Aid Squad is requesting to hold a coin toss over the Thanksgiving Day weekend.
2. The municipal offices will be closed on Tuesday, November 11th for the Veterans’ Day holiday.
3. I will update you on the Lighting Study.
4. The New Jersey State League of Municipalities Annual Conference will be held Tuesday, November 18th – Thursday, November 20th in Atlantic City. Several staff members will be attending.
There is one ordinance for 2nd reading and public hearing:
Ordinance 2014-22 will make a portion of Art Alley dedicated to pedestrians only and a separate portion dedicated for two-way vehicular traffic.
SID – I will make a PowerPoint presentation at the November 24th meeting.
Resolution #205-2014* will appoint Keith Mitchell as the Town of Newton’s Risk Management Consultant for calendar year 2015.
Resolution #206-2014* will renew the Town’s membership in the Statewide Insurance Fund for 2015, 2016 & 2017.
Resolution #207-2014* will approve bills and vouchers for payment.
Resolution #208-2014* will accept the Cistern Fill at the Fire Museum project as complete so the final paperwork can be processed and a maintenance bond secured.
Resolution #209-2014* will approve appropriation transfers in the 2014 budget.
Applications* for your consideration:
1. An application for an on-premise raffle (50/50) from the Newton Pride Foundation to be held on December 5th at the Newton High School from 6:00pm to 11:00pm.
2. An application for an on-premise raffle (Bingo) from the Newton Pride Foundation to be held on December 5th at the Newton High School from 6:00pm to 11:00pm.
1. Pace Transport Parking Agreement.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
COUNCIL & MANAGER COMMENTS
WEEK IN REVIEW
Morris Lake was 28 inches below the top of the spillway on 11.3.14.
The DPW crew completed the milling and paving of the alleyway by McGuire’s this week.
The auction date is set for the Fire Patrol building at 7 Stuart Street and 27 Orchard Street for December 11th at 11:00am.
The SID PowerPoint presentation has been placed online.
Open enrollment has commenced. See Tracy in Human Resources with questions.
We had our first meeting for PBA/SOA contract negotiations. I look forward to a smooth and fair process for both sides.
Routine business discussed at Parking Authority.
Check out the new Spring Street Pub & Grill! Favorable reviews on the food thus far!
Enjoy your weekend!
Yours for a Better Newton,