Our next Town Council meeting will begin at 7:00pm on Monday night.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Lorraine's office has prepared the minutes from the September 16th Regular meeting for consideration and approval.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
This is for those that wish to address the Town Council but do not plan on staying for the whole meeting. There is a note to the public on the agenda to please keep their comments to a maximum of 5 minutes. This allows ample time for all whom wish to speak and keeps the meeting moving forward. The public can speak on any matter.
COUNCIL & MANAGER REPORTS
1. The Best Practices Worksheet – Dawn Babcock, CFO will give an overview.
There are four (4) ordinances for introduction:
Ordinance 2015-26 will amend Chapter 200 of the code regulating the leashing of animals in park areas in Town.
Ordinance 2015-27 will amend Chapter 320-30, regarding collocation requirements for wireless communication facilities. This ordinance has been reviewed by the Planning Board and found to be consistent with the Master Plan.
Ordinance 2015-28 will amend Chapter 307-69 to correct an omission on a previous update to the code book.
Ordinance 2015-29 will amend Chapter 307-48 regarding parking on Jefferson Street. This item was propose by the Police and reviewed by our Engineer.
Resolution #160-2015* will approve the vacation and sick leave payout for Daniel Smith.
Resolution #161-2015* will approve a grant agreement with the USDA regarding funding for the Fox Hollow project.
Resolution #162-2015 will approve the purchase of new heavy duty roll-off dumpsters for the Recycling Center.
Resolution #163-2015* will approve a grant agreement with the NJDEP for a Forestry Plan.
Resolution #164-2015* will authorize executing an escrow agreement with Krogh’s Brewery.
Resolution #165-2015* will approve bills and vouchers for payment.
1. An application for an on-premise raffle (trick tray) from the Catholic Academy of Sussex County to be held on October 23, 2015 from 5:00pm to 11:00pm at St. Joseph’s School.
2. An application for an on-premise raffle (50/50) from the Catholic Academy of Sussex County to be held on October 23, 2015 from 5:00pm to 11:00pm at St. Joseph’s School.
3. An application for an on-premise bingo from the Newton Pride Foundation to be held December 4, 2015 from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm at Newton High School.
4. An application for an on-premise raffle (50/50) from the Newton Pride Foundation to be held December 4, 2015 from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm at Newton High School.
5. An application for an on-premise raffle (merchandise) from the Newton Pride Foundation to be held December 4, 2015 from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm at Newton High School.
1. A request to change the residency requirement for new hires for the police department. Dsgt. Coppolella will be in attendance. A copy of the current requirements has been shared with you on the Google Drive.
2. A draft ordinance on alarms system. Sgt. King will be in attendance. A draft ordinance has been shared with you on the Google Drive.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
COUNCIL & MANAGER COMMENTS
THE WEEK IN REVIEW
Morris Lake was 29 inches below the top of the spillway on 9.21.15.
The Taste of Newton event was very well attended and a great time was had by all. My thanks to DPW and PD for their assistance with same.
Interviews have concluded and offer letters have gone out for the positions of Code Enforcement Director and Code Enforcement Trainee. I will keep you posted.
A draft newsletter for the fall has been prepared and will go to print shortly.
Taco Bell application was carried to a special meeting date of October 8th at 7:00pm.
Have a great weekend!
Yours for a Better Newton,