Violation Appeals Process

Any person who has been issued a property maintenance violation may appeal to the Board of Appeals by filing a Notice of Appeal with the Town Clerk of the Town of Newton, together with applicable fee, within twenty (20) days from the dates of service.  Appeals shall follow the procedure outlined in Town Resolution #15-2016.  Municipal citations are adjudicated by the Town of Newton Municipal Court and once citations are issued, all communication must be conducted through the Municipal Court or Municipal Prosecutor.  Guilty findings can be appealed through the Municipal Court.  

Neighbor to neighbor complaints can be settled through the Municipal Court mediation process.  Complaining plaintiffs and defendants can contact the Town of Newton Municipal Court to find out more information about mediation.